TO KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON WHAT THE FHA BOARD IS DOING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED AT THE OCTOBER BOARD MEETING:
- The September 14 Open Homes Tour grossed $45,742, about $6,000 more than the 2017 tour. A few expenses are still outstanding (such as donations to Sausalito Village and Friends of Marin City Library), but the tour will net well over $25,000 for the FHA treasury. There will be a Tour Wrap party at Flo Hoylman’s 42 South Forty October 28 at 6:00 p.m. Email any comments about the Tour in advance of the meeting.
- It was agreed to give FHA water bottles to everyone who renews or joins the FHA at the Day in the Park. Pete Hudson is organizing a “Life on Water Station.” Jen Gennari handed out posters for each dock bulletin board. People will be able to see the emergency trailer to know what supplies it contains.
- President Michael Labate asked dock reps to share their dock newsletters with the entire Board.
- Emergency Services Chair Flo Hoylman led a discussion about the PG&E power outage planned between midnight and 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 8.
- The Emergency Committee will meet at Flo’s house at 5:00 p.m. every day the power is out to gather tips for coping with future outages. The docks will have water, but no electricity to pump it ashore. Flo suggested that everyone empty their holding tanks tonight before the outage. Larry Clinton handed out instructions from the FHA website.
- Dock reps were asked to post the PG&E outage guidelines on their docks. We can check PG&E’s website for outage maps. It’s recommended to unplug appliances and/or turn off circuit breakers to prevent a power surge when the power comes back on. We should check with people on the dock who need to know about the outages and may not use email. Have cash on hand in event stores can’t take cards. Flo needs to know which docks have boats that use pumps to pump out their flotation daily. They will need generator help. The FHA generator is available. Flo and Pete will coordinate its use.
- The next Resilient Neighborhoods session will start October 16 at #1 East Pier.
- Dock Rep Elections will be held in October. After the Day in the Park, ballots will be sent to the community for votes.
- The FHA Annual Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 7, 2020, depending on the availability of the Bay Model.
- A Main Dock resident is interested in becoming Membership Chair. She will attend our next meeting.
- Public Relations Chair Michele Affronte reported that SF Gate did an article about Katy Boyd’s home on East Pier. There is a Float-In movie on Saturday night to see Ghost Fleet by a Liberty dock resident. The film crew will be there. It will start at dark. Larry said there will be an article in Coastal Table Magazine in November.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 12, at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Room, Public Safety Building, Marin City. This will be the final meeting of the year.