Welcome to the Floating Times!
There are several ways to read this online newsletter. The first, and most straightforward way, is to read the stories on the home page, in descending order. (A post is a story.) But what if you are looking for something in particular? Here are some options:
- If you see something interesting in the photo gallery at the top, click on the headline in the photo caption, and this will take you to the story that relates to that picture.
- You can scroll down until you see a headline and introductory sentence that catches your interest. Click on the headline to read the whole story.
- When you are in a story, you can go back to the home page by clicking the house in the blue bar, above the words Floating Times. Or, at the bottom of a story, you can click to read “next post” or “previous post.” The headline is provided to pique your interest. You can also click on the tags to see stories on the same topic.
- What is everyone else reading? On the right sidebar is a list of “Most Viewed” posts. To read one of those listed, click on the headline or the small photo.
- If you are looking for all the stories in a category such as “DOCK NEWS” or “WARNINGS,” click on the orange button with those words. The Floating Times will then display all the stories in that category.
- If you are looking for all stories on a certain topic, try clicking on a word (or phrase) in the tag search word cloud in the sidebar. (The more often a word is used to “tag” a story, the larger the word, or phrase, appears.) All the posts tagged with the same word or phrase, such as “nature photography,” will be displayed as a list, with a headline and introductory sentence.
- Don’t forget the search bar at the top of this site, on the upper right. That’s another way to find something specific.
- Looking for an old story? Posts are archived by year in the right sidebar. And to find PDFs of the old Floating Times going way back, click on Back Issues.
That’s it! If you have more questions, click on “Contact the editor” in the footer at the bottom of this website.