Local artists just received this communication regarding the famous local art festival:
The Sausalito Art Festival is proud to announce that Paul Anderson (former managing director of the SAF) and Kathleen Hughes (event director for the La Quinta Art Celebration) are bringing their experience and expertise to Sausalito to help make this year’s Sausalito Art Festival one of the top juried fine art events in the country.
The event is scheduled for September 4-6, 2021. There is a new standard for quality, variety, and innovation being brought to the Festival and you are invited to apply as one of the reinvigorated Festival’s 200 premiere artists.
The goal of the returning Sausalito Art Festival is to attract new and former patrons seeking the highest quality fine arts, wines, and dining experiences.
Here are some of the changes to this year’s event:
- To keep booth fees low, the 2021 Sausalito Art Festival is a commission art event. Artists are required to pay 20% of all sales resulting from participating in the SAF.
- Booth fees now start at $350.
- This year’s Festival will focus on the art and artists for whom the event was created. Music will be background ambiance only.
- Artists now have freedom to create their own outdoor galleries without the confines of tents.
- Artists may request electricity at their booth space for a small additional fee.
- Artists have venue access for 2 days in advance of the event to create an amazing exhibit space—September 2 & 3. Labor and golf carts will be available for hire.
- An extensive marketing campaign to high-end art afficionados to raise the profile of the event and artists through print, television, radio, and social media.
Participating artists receive:
- VIP Artist hospitality including complimentary continental breakfast, one deluxe lunch per day per booth, snacks throughout the day and unlimited water
- Volunteer Booth Sitters
- Artist Helpline 24/7
- Artist Award Reception—participants may bring assistant for no charge
- 24-hour on-site private security and sheriff protection
- Artist information included in official event program
- Artist listing and link to website
- Opportunity to purchase low-cost advertisements in the event program
Applications for the 2021 Sausalito Art Festival open March 9, 2021 and close April 16, 2021. Applications are submitted through ZAPPLICATION.org.
Successful applicants will then be invited to participate. These invitations will be announced by May 1, 2021 and the deadline to accept the invitation and submit booth fee is June 1, 2021.