At noon on Sunday, May 22, MC Heather Lerner will present a full lineup of music and a poetry reading at the FHA’s free Day in the Park (between Issaquah and Charles Van Damme Docks). Here’s the schedule:
- 12:00 -12:40 Joe Tate and Maggie Catfish: Throwback Rock
- 12:45 -12:55 Teresa Knight: 16-year-old Performing Stars guitar player
- 1:00 -1:35 Hauser Duo: John Barnard and Merrily Weeber
- 1:40 – 2:10 ChauntiAna Thomas, Performing Stars vocalist
- 2:15 – 2:25 Antanasia Cook, Performing Stars and 10th grader at Tam High: poetry reading
- 2:25 – 2:55 John Sibalia: Acoustic Americana (blues, folk, country)
- 3:00 – 3:40 Hot Clams: Davey Jones, Gavin Smith and Angus Martin
- 3:45 – 4:25 Liberty Dock Guitar Trio featuring Jim Rettew, Nora Stratton and Jeff Payne
- 4:30 – 5:00 Bufflehead with Jeff Payne, Gavin Smith and Ali Johnston
The Bubble Lady will perform between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. and Kathleen Roberts will paint faces. Gabe Woods will return to check the condition of your fire extinguishers and to recharge ($20), replace ($30-$50) or recycle them. A pet parade and costume competition will be a highlight as in past years.
Chef Davey Jones will serve four varieties of paella, with hot dogs, chicken, mussels or mushrooms. Help the FHA cut down waste by brining your own bowl and utensils. Water and soft drinks will also be available, and you are invited to bring your favorite beverage, as well.
The FHA will host informational tables on emergency preparedness and other services, and some docks will sponsor additional activities.
Artists and authors will present and sell their works at tables on the walkway surrounding the lawn. There’s still time to add additional spots, so if you’re interested contact FHA President Michael Labate.
Can you help out?
FHA Vice President Pete Hudson seeks help with food prep and service (day before and day of), set up, take down, and activity coordination. If you can pitch in, please contact him.