Annual elections for dock reps and alternates will be conducted later this month. Ballots will be sent to FHA members on each dock the week of October 25. Non-members can join the FHA online, and their memberships will be good through 2021.
So far, most reps and alternates have agreed to run for another term, but the following slots are still open: Liberty dock rep and South 40 alternate.
To be nominated, an individual must be a member of the Floating Homes Association and a resident of the community (homeowner or renter).
General responsibilities of your Dock Representative:
- Attend monthly FHA board meetings (dock rep or alternate) where floating homes issues and news are discussed.
- Help the FHA Board respond to priorities from recent survey [link].
- Let residents know about events and results of FHA Board meetings.
- Solicit input from dock residents about issues they have while living in the community, and about issues the Board is considering.
- Work on emergency preparedness plans.
- Email dock news to the Floating Times and encourage residents to submit articles and photos.
- Encourage residents to participate in FHA activities.
- Give new residents’ contact info to FHA Membership Chair and Data Base Coordinator.
- Welcome new dock owners/residents & explain what the FHA does for the floating homes community.
- Deliver welcome packet to new residents and encourage FHA membership.
- Help keep the FHA fiscally sound during Shelter in Place restrictions.
General perks of being a Dock Representative:
- Connecting with neighbors.
- Getting to know your dock and its residents (owners and renters).
- Meeting with your counterparts on other docks to share what works and what doesn’t.
- Seeing activities or improvements on your dock come to fruition.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or anyone else, contact FHA Administrative Coordinator Linda Sempliner ASAP. Results of the elections will be announced after the November 10 FHA Board Meeting.