HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED ON AT THE October 11 FHA BOARD MEETING. MORE DETAILS WILL BE REPORTED LATER IN THE FLOATING TIMES.
- The FHA will organize a town hall meeting via Zoom to answer questions about the passage of rent stabilization legislation and to request further donations to offset the cost to pass it. The membership table at FHA Day in the Park will dispense info about the law, respond to questions, and accept donations.
- FHA VP Pete Hudson announced that he is ordering new shopping carts but that supply chain disruption, pricing issues and seasonal demands for carts by large chains will delay delivery.
- The FHA continues to seek a volunteer webmaster and Board secretary. Interested parties should contact Pete Hudson.
- Anthony Vaughn (South Forty) is reaching out to dock reps to determine interest in offering Sonic Internet to the community.
- Pete Hudson stated that FHA Day in the Park posters will be ready and up on dock bulletin boards in a few days. There are still some empty volunteer positions to be filled. There will be a fire extinguisher exchange. Articles will appear on the FHA website, and in the Floating Times.
- Jim Rettew is stepping down as Liberty Dock Rep. He will introduce his replacement at the November Board meeting. John Ryan will move from Issaquah Dock Rep to alternate at the end of the year, and will nominate a new dock rep.
- Liz Brott discussed a recent fire at the apartment house on West Pier. One apartment was badly damaged, but the fire was contained to that unit. No injuries to people or pets were reported. Liz is setting up a dock training in the use of hoses. She and Emergency Services Chair Flo Hoylman encouraged other docks to do the same.
- John Ryan reported that the Marin County Community Development Agency has responded to concerns expressed in the petition regarding a swap for the Pirate at #4 Issaquah. Their investigation could last as long as two years. The Board agreed to rescind its decision to distribute the petition to other docks while this is in process. John and Pete Hudson will organize a town hall via Zoom with county officials and the FHA Board plus other interested residents to discuss what rights residents have to question or to protest zoning variances.
- Mari Steeno shared details of an October 13 private tour and requested help with marketing these tours to destination management companies and retirement communities.
- Emergency Preparedness chair Flo Hoylman offered to share a short video from a recent firefighting training.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, via Zoom