TO KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON WHAT THE FHA BOARD IS DOING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED AT THE FEBRUARY BOARD MEETING:
- Treasurer Teddie Hathaway introduced a draft Budget for 2020 showing a substantial drop in cash on hand without an Open Homes tour this year. A discussion was held on how to balance the budget in years when we have no big tour. After discussion of each line item of the budget, it was approved as amended.
- Peter Hudson and Flo Hoylman showed a video with instructions on dealing with holding tanks and waste management on the docks. Many people did not know how to deal with their holding tanks during the power outages last fall. The video will be presented at the Annual Meeting and put on the website. The video should be shown to everyone who is new on the docks.
- Membership chairs Jill Sherman and Lisa McNelley will hold an organizing meeting for the February 29 FHA Annual Meeting and party. Retiring County Supervisor Kate Sears will speak at the meeting. A membership presentation will be made. Jill and Lisa will put up fliers on all the docks. Lisa suggested we do a survey to assess dock residents’ needs.
- Carole Angermeir sent a list of floating home service providers to the Board. If people need help, they can get contact information from their dock rep. The FHA is not recommending or endorsing anyone but listing experienced resources. As the list is updated, new versions will be attached to Board Packets sent out before each meeting.
- There will be a presentation on February 21st at the Library by the people working on the Van Damme project.
- Currently, 54% of homes in our community contain FHA members. At our peak, FHA membership included 75% of all homes. It was suggested that the Membership Committee should make this our goal. A downloadable packet for prospective members with reasons to join the FHA is on the website. It was agreed to add a line on the membership application to allow people to make donations when they register for membership.
- Peter Hudson is preparing a plan on how to handle waste management on the docks. The draft will be ready by Monday. It will go to Flo, Stefan and Carole for review. When approved, it will go to Bill Price at Waldo Point Harbor and the other marinas for review. This will provide for the pumping of the dock holding tanks during power outages.
- Public Relations Chair Michele Affronte reported that the Aer Lingus in-flight magazine is doing an article on the SS Maggie.
- There will be a signup sheet at the Annual Meeting for people willing to donate their homes and/or volunteer for private tours. If you know of any industry or private tour groups, please share their contact information with Katherine.
Next FHA Board Meeting: Tuesday, March 10, 7:00 p.m. will include an Open Forum. If there’s something specific you’d like to discuss, please submit an agenda item to Linda Sempliner, a week prior to the meeting. Meetings are held in the Community Room of the Marin City Public Safety Building.