The Floating Homes Association’s A Day in the Park is coming up on Sunday, October 29! We hope to see you there.
We are planning some activities that are sure to please. Here’s a sampling:
- Don’t miss the opportunity to place your bid on some fabulous prizes at our Silent Auction.
- We are always lucky to have Sterling Johnson, the amazing Bubblesmith, join us to perform his bubble magic. A kid favorite! Come by and be amazed. Sterling’s show is from 1 to 3.
- Speaking of magic and luck, we are so fortunate to present Jay Alexander, master magician, mentalist, and comic. Jay currently performs at the Marrakech Magic Theater in San Francisco. Don’t miss this show, Jay is amazing. https://www.jayalexander.com
- So you think pushing a shopping cart up and down your dock has made you some kind of professional cart jockey? Then grab a team and test your skills at the Shopping Cart Relay Race. Contact Mark Sommer or Candice Gold for information and to sign up.
- It’s time to get ready for Halloween. Come on by, bring the kids, carve a pumpkin, and get creative at the Pumpkin Carving and Craft table.
- October reminds us that winter is coming and we need to be ready. Drop by the Emergency Preparedness table to learn what you can do to keep you and the family safe. Bring that old fire extinguisher along too, because Fire King will be here to swap it out or refill it.
- Get baking! We are looking for donations of baked goods for the ever-popular Bake Sale. If you think your donation has prize-winning potential, enter a serving of that culinary creation in the Bake-Off baking competition. Contact Carole for more information.
- Who likes dressing up for Halloween more than kids? Your Pets! Yes, the Halloween edition of the Pet Parade and Costume Contest is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Great prizes for best costume. All pets welcomed.
- If you love art and want to see what our talented local artists and authors are up to, come on by — you may walk away with that perfect piece for that troublesome blank wall or shelf. If you are a local artist or author and want to show and sell your work, there is still plenty of space. Contact Candice.
- And of course, where would we be without music and food? Enjoy the sounds of Alchemy, Hauser, Joe Tate and Maggie Catfish and we are excited to welcome back ChautiAna Thomas from the Performing Stars of Marin. Antansia will also be returning with more beautiful poetry. Davey Jones will be stirring up soup and chili and Portside Bakery will bring the bread — a perfect pairing.
SEEKING MORE VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS
Come lend a hand. Go to our online signup form to learn how you can help.
Businesses and organizations interested in working with the 400-household floating homes community can explore sponsorships here.
Come Out, See Your Neighbors, and Have Some Fun on A Day in the Park.