TO KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON WHAT THE FHA BOARD IS DOING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED AT THE September BOARD MEETING:
- Bryant Welsh and Leni Miller (Issaquah) attended this Open Forum Meeting. Bryant spoke about problems with increased traffic flow on Gate 6 Road. The new park means increased traffic, as well as the addition of a multiuse parking lot. Dock reps are asked to report any dangerous situations that have occurred. This information will be taken to Supervisor Kate Sears. If you have problems to report, or solutions to suggest, send them to FHA Secretary/Administrative Coordinator Linda Sempliner.
- The terms for the current FHA President, Vice President and Treasurer will expire this year, and new candidates must be elected for each of these roles at the November Board Meeting in order to begin their work in 2019. Notices will go out by early October, so the Board can vote at the November 13 Board meeting. Deadline for nominations is the end of October.
- A notice for Dock Rep elections will go out in October so they can be confirmed by the Board in November and introduced at the Board Christmas Party in December. Current dock reps will recruit eligible candidates for dock rep and alternative rep, to be elected by each dock.
- Kathryn Soter handed out a draft guide for FHA sponsors to prepare and place ads in the Floating Times and on the FHA website. Effective with 2019 ad renewals, sponsors will be able to pay online. Kathryn will be the new ad coordinator and will send renewal emails to current sponsors. The Board thanked Kathryn for her good work.
- Jen Gennari reported that over 350 people attended the September 8 Artists @ Issaquah event, and everything went smoothly. Participating artists were pleased with the results.
- An e-waste collection drive will be held on October 13th. Fire extinguisher recharging will be offered at the same time. Notices will be put on the dock bulletin boards. Terri Thomas (Kappas East) will be the point person for the day.
- There is a Private Tour scheduled for September 25. Another one is scheduled for July 2019. Check back for further news
- A community-wide celebration is being planned at the new Waldo Point Harbor park on October 21, 2018. Save the date, and check back for more details.