TO KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON WHAT THE FHA BOARD IS DOING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED AT RECENT BOARD MEETINGS:
- The 2017 Open Homes Tour netted slightly over $20,000, after donations of $2,610 each to Friends of the Marin City Library and Sausalito Village, which provided tour volunteers.
- Based on a recommendation from the Tour Committee, the Board agreed to skip the tour for 2018 (complete story here). Instead, the Board will attempt to maximize revenues from private tours.
- The Annual Membership Meeting and Party will be held February 24 at the Bay Model. Membership Chair Louise Simpson has retained the same caterer as last year.
- FHA Membership notices will be sent to the entire community before the end of the year.
- Most dock reps and alternates will continue in their current capacity for 2018. Barbara Rycerski will be the new Alternate for A Dock. On East Pier, Carole Angermeir will be dock rep, and Elana Rosen will serve as alternate. Alternates are still needed for West Pier and Yellow Ferry Harbor. Michael Labate will try to recruit representatives from Van Damme Dock, and Linda Sempliner will approach the owner of Bayhaven, which hasn’t had a dock rep since it was called Mays Harbor.
- Michele Affronte has agreed to serve as Public Relations Chair for another term. She would like someone to back her up when media inquiries come in.
- Emergency Preparedness Chair Flo Hoylman will familiarize local firefighters with the contents of our emergency trailer, and give them access to the trailer.
- The FHA is trying to get an amendment to Ellison House bill #3296 which gives a 75% tax break to the owner of a trailer park when the park is sold to the residents. We will request that floating home marinas be included. Government Relations chair Teddie Hathaway will contact other marinas around the country asking them to contact their representatives to support the bill.
- The Board agreed that those who join the FHA in the fourth quarter of each year will have their membership extended throughout the following calendar year at no extra charge