TO KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON WHAT THE FHA BOARD IS DOING, HERE ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE DISCUSSED OR DECIDED AT THE AUGUST BOARD MEETING:
- Jen Gennari is working on new updates to the FHA website which will include a search function.
- A committee is working on redesigning the ads for the Floating Times. Jenny Stein mentioned the need to find someone to oversee the ads for the Floating Times, since she will no longer be able to manage this function. Linda Sempliner will look into enabling advertisers to pay ad fees on PayPal as an alternative to paying by check.
- Announcement cards about the Artists @ Issaquah were given to Board members to circulate. The event will be held on September 8.
- Jenny Stein said keeping Bio Bags in the refrigerator or freezer will keep them from deteriorating and they will last indefinitely.
- The next Private Tour is scheduled for September 25, locations to be determined.
- A discussion was held about having an all-dock event at the new Waldo Point Harbor Park in October. Check back for more specifics.
- Warnings about clearing clutter from in front of gas and water hookups have been distributed to all docks.
- President Katherine Boschetto asked dock reps to count the number of floating homes on each dock since the new dock reconfiguration has taken place. We also need to know the number of residential units in each floating home.
- Dock reps were also requested to count the number of shopping carts on each dock, to determine whether it’s time to provide more.